Wednesday 8 June 2011

London Bound


I had the opportunity to spend two weeks working at Objective Productions between the middle and end of May, where I had an amazing time. I was in my element, getting the tube to work everyday, walking across the bridge by Parliament, working in a building next to the Thames and the London Eye - what a location to work in - and working at a TV company who have won Baftas, Comedy awards etc! And check out the view from the office window! (on a very stormy day!) -


From doing basic jobs like making tea and coffee, to hanging in the Green Room at the BBC with the likes of Rufus Hound and Stephen K Amos - this is the reason why I love TV, every day is different and even the boring jobs don't seem boring.One of the highlights for me though was definatly working with the Head of Entertainment, Matt Crook, on a couple research jobs, putting together applicant profile packages for a Channel 4 pitch, and a new show idea format, was a privilege to work for him for a few days.

I'm a complete city girl at heart, and I fell in love with the city even more (not as much as my love for New York quite yet though...). The pace, the cosmopolitan lifestyle, the shops, the diversity - everything that I want in a place to live is there, and now I'm home I feel pretty lost. My friends and family are the only reasons keeping me in Cheltenham, and as friends start moving back home after Uni and other close friends going travelling or moving away, I have started to tell myself that I need that escape now too. London - here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment